Cerebral Sci-Fi with an emphasis on the ‘Sci’. If you enjoy Hard Sci-Fi, complex Space Opera, and authors such as Iain M. Banks, Alastair Reynolds and Dan Simmons, then this is for you.
- ‘I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading the rest of the series.’ – Bookbub reviewer
- ‘Great story! Highly recommended!’ – Bookbub reviewer
- ‘Fantastic series starter! I loved the perspective alternation each chapter… I loved the uniqueness of the story… This is not your typical space opera… this story is much bigger and much more personal.’ – Goodreads reviewer
- ‘This is a book I will be reading again, something I almost never do.’ – Goodreads reviewer
- ‘refreshingly unique in its portrayal of denizens (both biologic and machine) and I was immediately caught up’ – Goodreads reviewer
Gil's World - Wanderers Book 1
After a relentless war ravaged the galaxy for hundreds of millions of years, an insidious enemy was finally subdued by the events of the Great Conflation – although not defeated. With the pre-Conflation empires in ruins and the Ascended Biologicals wiped out, the decimated galactic community struggled to rebuild itself from the ashes, and the machine-led Wanderer civilisation rose to prominence.
A lone Wanderer craft-lect – a sentient machine intelligence – has found something on an innocuous world it had marked for routine decontamination. Something that may aid it in finally discovering answers about their formidable enemy, and with the power to stop it.
Gil, a young woman from an isolated commune, realises that her abilities far surpass anything she had suspected, but do they come at a price? She battles to save the future of her commune against mysterious, ancient rivals, and possibly much more.